[Closed] Common technical issues
Common technical issues and fixes
First of all, if you cannot update because of an "Unknown version" error, please clic here for the solution as stated in the first post.
To solve most problems with the Perfect World game client (crashes, error messages, not updating, etc.), try the following steps before contacting an admin:
- Make sure you are running the game as Administrator (right click -> Run as administrator)
- Same applies to the patcher!
- Restart your PC and/or router (router especially in case of patcher not working or server not showing up as available)
- Disable antivirus software, check if game works, then enable it again an add an exception to the game folder.
- Disable firewall (i.e.: Windows Firewall), check if game works, then enable it again an add a permission rule.
- Run the game/patcher in compatibility mode (right click -> properties -> compatibility tab -> check “Run this program as administrator” and “Run this program in compatibility mode for” and try Windows XP Service pack 3, and other Windows versions)
- Give the client folder full permissions: Right click the client folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Frostburn\), then click properties, go to the security tab and click the “Edit” button. After that, go one by one selecting each “group or username” and checking the “full control” option on every one. Then click “Apply” and close the windows.
- Uninstall the client completely, and install it again
- If you already had the installer files from before, try downloading them again, and then reinstalling.
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package , 2010 Redistributable Package
and Microsoft Net Framework 4
- Install the latest version of DirectX 9.0c
- Update Windows (through Windows updates) and your drivers (specially the graphic card drivers)
"These violent delights, have violent ends"
Beginner's guide: General information, gears, farming and more. Click here.